Working with Industry: Part Two
May 28, 2019 - 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
MCHC Auditorium, Floor 2, UH South
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Do you want to learn the steps to effectively activate an industry clinical trial at Michigan Medicine? How do you decide if a trial protocol is a good use of your time? What tactics can help you negotiate a better budget, and how can you tell if the funds from the sponsor will cover the cost of the study?
Join us for the second installment in our two-part series, Working with Industry, on Tuesday, May 28. Featuring an expert panel and roundtable discussion, you’ll learn more about the fundamental steps to activate an industry-sponsored trial here at the U-M and how the Clinical Trials Support Office team can help with its administration.
Part Two will examine first-hand faculty and staff experiences involving:
- How to get started – from receiving the protocol to opening a study
- What factors are important to consider when determining trial participation?
- The basics of budgets and contracts – how the CTSU Finance team helps investigators
- Peter Higgins, MD, PhD – Professor of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- Cyndi Bower, MS – Director for Clinical Trials Operations
- Kate Huffman – Site Development and Strategic Partnership Lead
- Amy Oliver – Finance Team Lead, ACD CTSU
A ‘meet and greet’ will follow the panel discussion. Refreshments Provided.