Do you want to learn the steps to effectively activate an industry clinical trial at Michigan Medicine? How do you decide if a trial protocol is a good use of your time? What tactics can help you negotiate a better budget, and how can you tell if the funds from the sponsor will cover the cost of the study?
Join us for the second installment in our two-part series, Working with Industry, on Tuesday, May 28. Featuring an expert panel and roundtable discussion, you’ll learn more about the fundamental steps to activate an industry-sponsored trial here at the U-M and how the Clinical Trials Support Office team can help with its administration.
Part Two will examine first-hand faculty and staff experiences involving:
- How to get started – from receiving the protocol to opening a study
- What factors are important to consider when determining trial participation?
- The basics of budgets and contracts – how the CTSU Finance team helps investigators
- Peter Higgins, MD, PhD – Professor of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- Cyndi Bower, MS – Director for Clinical Trials Operations
- Kate Huffman – Site Development and Strategic Partnership Lead
- Amy Oliver – Finance Team Lead, ACD CTSU
A ‘meet and greet’ will follow the panel discussion. Refreshments Provided.