Working with Industry: Part One
Are you interested in partnering with industry on a clinical trial, but are unsure of where to start? Have you been hesitant to pursue an industry trial because you’re not sure who can help here at U-M or whether this is a good use of your time? Would you like to learn more about how to effectively interact with sponsors?
Join us for the two-part series, Working with Industry. Featuring an expert panel discussion on partnering with industry sponsors, you’ll learn more about the ins-and-outs of industry-sponsored trials here at the U-M, including how the teams in the Clinical Trials Support Office and Fast Forward Medical Innovation can help.
Part One will showcase first-hand accounts from faculty and industry professionals covering:
- What is the benefit to patients and one’s own career?
- Current institutional perspectives
- How can an investigator get noticed and how to reach out?
- Initial engagement with sponsors – how to respond?
- Anna Lok, MD – Assistant Dean for Clinical Research
- Njira Lugogo, MD – Associate Professor of Medicine
- Larysa Wickman, MD – Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Vaibhav Sahai, MBBS – Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Doug Schantz – Executive Director, Clinical Operations, AstraZeneca
- Adriana Comprelli – Head of Clinical Operations for Early Assets, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cynthia Brogdon – Head, Portfolio Strategy, Bristol-Myers Squibb
A ‘meet and greet’ will follow the panel discussion. Refreshments Provided.
*Save the date for Part Two on May 28! Covering the steps to activate an industry trial – including receiving the protocol, determining trial participation, and the basics of budgets and contracts.