The Strategic Research Initiative aligns the University of Michigan Health System and Medical School around a common research vision, backed by a long-term commitment of over $100 million by the Dean of the Medical School and implemented by the Medical School Office of Research. The Strategic Research Initiative's mission is to...
- Leverage existing areas of research strength.
- Align interests and expertise, and invest in enabling infrastructure.
- Engage basic, translational, clinical, and health outcomes researchers.
In addition to investments in our Biomedical Research Core Facilities and other infrastructure, the following programs are a part of the Strategic Research Initiative:
- Central Biorepository
- Data Office for Clinical and Translational Research
- Fast Forward Clinical Trials
- Fast Forward Medical Innovation
- Host Microbiome
- Mentored Research Academy: R01 Boot Camp
- Protein Folding Diseases
Resulting in ground-breaking, innovative science, the Strategic Research Initiative is “fast forwarding” biomedical research at the University of Michigan and shaping the future of human health and global healthcare policy.
Download a timeline to learn more details about the genesis of the Medical School's Strategic Research Initiative. (PDF)