Preparation of a large, multi-investigator grant (e.g., program projects, center proposals, U awards) poses a significant burden on faculty, and support for the organization and assembly of these grants is often minimal. In order to encourage and support the submission of such grants, the Office of Research has developed the Proposal Preparation Funding Program for groups that have identified a funding opportunity and would like to submit a proposal.
The goal of the program is to provide funds to support the submission of multi-investigator grants; this program is not designed to provide support for submission of individual R01-type grants. The funds may be utilized to offset the costs of hiring expert consultants; assembling and hosting brainstorming sessions; paying reviewers; or hiring temporary incremental administrative and/or expert services required to assemble and submit large proposals.
The Office of Research will provide planning and preparation grants of up to $10,000 to facilitate the submission of large, multi-investigator research proposals.
There is no deadline for this program. Please contact us as early as possible in advance of a grant deadline.
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials should be submitted in a single PDF document in the order listed below. Submit all applications electronically to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Title of the Proposal
- Sponsor Deadline
- Sponsor Name and Program
- Link (website) to the RFA
- List of the investigators (key personnel)
- Draft of the abstract and specific aims
- Plans and rationale: Explanation of need and use for funds, and reasons why this will increase the competitiveness of proposal; please include a timeline.
- NIH Biosketch of key personnel
- Budget request (not to exceed $10,000) including line items and justification
- Copy of the final proposal (to be provided after submission to sponsor)
Please note that funds cannot be given retroactively.
E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT ERROR-PROOF. WE ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS. If you do not receive a response from us by the end of the next business day, please call us at 734-764-3634.
The Office of Research leadership team will review applications.