The Research Development Team in UMMS Grant Services & Analysis provides proposal development assistance for NIH Large-Scale Proposals (e.g., P01, P50, U54). We recognize that complex proposals require additional support in terms of grant coordination and project management, and our research development specialists are available to facilitate the development of proposals with multiple projects and cores. This free service is available to medical school faculty who are serving as the lead PI on a complex NIH Large-Scale grant proposal on a first come, first served basis. Principal Investigators in the medical school who are interested in this service must fill out and submit an intake form.
What We Do:
- Meet with the PI, research administrator, and research team to develop timelines and project checklists outlining required sections, deadlines and responsible parties
- Provide templates, samples and boilerplates of proposal sections including facilities and resources, budget justifications and human subjects' sections
- Review application sections compiled by the research administrator including biosketches, resource pages and letters of support
- Grant proposal editing services
What We Don’t Do:
- Coordinate/schedule team meetings
- Review/edit references
- Assist with graphics
- Assist with budget
- Upload documents to sponsor or submit to sponsor
*If you are requesting the full list of large-scale proposal services detailed above from the UMMS Research Development Team, we must be contacted as early as possible in the planning process (at least 9-12 weeks before the agency deadline). If only grant proposal editing services are desired, please submit an intake form at least eight weeks in advance of the agency deadline. In the event that the PI is unable to meet the deadlines established in collaboration with the Research Development Team, we reserve the right to re-schedule or cancel support in order to assist other faculty. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.