“Pre-Award” constitutes anything that facilitates a proposal’s creation and submission, prior to the award being received. The following pages contain resources, tools and guidance that is available to assist our Research Administrators with their day-to-day activities.
- Grant Proposal Sampler - Internal site with example proposals for viewing (level 2 login required).
- Budgeting & Costs - This page contains a variety of information on budgeting various types of proposals, and includes a variety of topics from Budgeting Personnel to Budgeting Industry Studies and Clinical Trials.
- Requesting Letters of Support/Commitment - This Office of Research pages walks you through the process of requesting and obtaining letters of support or commitment.
- Data Management & Sharing Plans - examples of plans by UMMS investigators that satisfy the new NIH requirements (level 2 login required).
- NIH Specifics, Tips and Tricks - Links to information on many NIH topics such as preparing a Biosketch, Resubmission, Training (T) Grant, or Cover Letter.
- Space FAQs - Frequently asked questions regarding space on the PAF and the approvals process.
- Transferring Grants between Institutions - Overview of the transfer process and resources available to help work through a transfer in or out of UM.
- Using eRPM: PAFs, CTRFs & UFAs - Definitions and explanations of how to use Unfunded Agreement (UFA), Clinical Trial Routing Form (CTRF), and Proposal Approval Form (PAF) in eRPM.
- Assistance for Med School Departments: Streamlined Review Services - Various resources/services to meet the needs of departments routing proposals.
- Grant Routing Deadlines - A Medical School deadline calculator tool and chart of upcoming (and past) NIH deadlines with our corresponding deadlines noted.
- Proposal Review Checklists - A 'checklist' that can be used to verify the completeness of the documents required in a grant application prior to routing the proposal.
- Routing Medical & Non-Medical School Proposals - A listing of all admin shell components required by Grant Services & Analysis for review of Medical School and Non-Medical School proposals.
- Medical School Department Contacts - This is a list, by department, of pre-award research administrator names and phone numbers.
- Medical School Authorized Signers - This is a list, by department, of those approved to sign on behalf of the Chair, as well as a listing of those Clinical Deapartment Administrators allowed to sign for hospital space.
- Submission Service Policy - Our policy on submitting PHS system-to-system electronic proposals.
- Proposal Submission Process - This page described best practices and an explanation of process. The Proposal Finalization Checklist also provides you with key items to check before finalizing a proposal (reflective of issues commonly found prior to submission).
- UM/VA IPAs (InterPersonnel Agreements) - This explains the process of submitting VA IPAs in the Medical School.
Contact us at email@example.com or 734-763-4272 / Fax: 734-615-9458
2800 Plymouth Road, NCRC Building 520, Room 3174, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2800
A list of Grant Services & Analysis is available in the Personnel Directory.