“Post-Award” comprises everything that happens to administer a research project, following the official award being received. The following pages contain resources, tools and guidance that is available to assist our Research Administrators with their day-to-day activities.
- Effort Reporting - This link takes you to the Michigan Medicine site that houses the effort reporting policy. The policy details how Medical School and Michigan Medicine faculty and staff report time and effort.
- Establishing Subaccounts - This policy describes when a subaccount should be expected and provided.
- Post-Award Procedures Manual **Revised 10/13/2017** - This comprehensive manual represents the consolidation of the Medical School post-award procedures and best practices. It is designed to serve the sponsored project post-award community, is based on the utilization of the Real-Time Financials modules, and is written with the assumption that the reader has a basic knowledge of post-award policies and University procedures.
- Sponsored Programs – Provides personal customer service for active externally funded projects. Their website contains additional tools and resources to assist you managing financial post-award activities.
- Office of Contract Administration – The Office of Contract Administration reviews and executes contracts and grants associated with sponsored projects and prepares subcontract agreements and hybrid PO’s.
- Reporting Resources – This page provides report resources available to assist with reviewing financial activity.
- Research Procurement – This page provides guidance on procuring research goods and services.
- Post-Award Change Form – This form is submitted to ORSP to request post-award changes to active, funded projects.
- Budget Reallocation – This page contains instructions for processing budget reallocations in M-Pathways.
- Sponsored Programs Closeout Checklist – This page contains checklists that assist with project close-out activities.
- Sponsored Transfer Guidelines – This page provides guidance on sponsored transfer guidelines.
- Transferring Grants between Institutions – Overview of the transfer process and resources available to help work through a transfer in or out of UM.
- Handling Salary Over the Cap – This page provides guidance on how salary caps, specifically the DHHS Salary Cap, should be handled.