The Central Biorepository provides laboratory services in support of biospecimen collection, processing, storage, and distribution. Services are automated where applicable, and produce high-quality results.
Standard services include:
- Archive Biorepository Storage (At capacity – currently not accepting new storage requests)
- PBMC Isolation (Reserved for biobanking projects only)
- Production of sample collection kits
- DNA extraction
- Whole blood
- Buffy coat
- PAXgene tubes
- Oragene saliva kits
- PicoGreen quantification of genomic DNA
- RNA extraction
- PAXgene tubes
- Aliquot production
- Sample packaging and distribution
- Sample storage management
- Isolation of plasma or serum
- Long-term storage of frozen tissue in cassettes, FFPE blocks, and stained glass slides
As of March 8, 2022
As many of you are experiencing in your own labs, the CBR is facing consumable supply shortages and backorders. Several items are now on critical backorder, and our ability to service requests using our standard vendors and/or supplies is affected. The CBR team has identified alternatives to critically back-ordered supplies when possible.
Review the information below to see the item, service affected, and the identified alternative (if any). The CBR plans to use these alternatives in all cases when applicable.
|Supply Backorder||Service Affected||Temporary Solution|
|10 mL EDTA vacutainer||Kit supply||CBR is completely out of stock. Replace with 6mL EDTA vacutainer.|
|Luer-Lok 10cc Syringe||Kit supply||CBR has a stock of these but has been notified that vendor stocks are low. No alternative. Contact the CBR.|
The CBR has orders in place for all of these items. The supply situation is dynamic and unpredictable. We are monitoring supplies daily. If your study requires DNA isolation, we will work with you on a case-by-case basis to address complications caused by a lack of Tecan tips.