Our team proudly supports an internationally recognized research enterprise, where our shared goal is pursuing innovative science and improving the lives of patients and their families.
We work diligently to foster a vibrant research environment, with units including:
- Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Calendar Review & Analysis Office
- Central Biorepository
- Clinical Trials Support Office
- Data Office for Clinical & Translational Research
- Fast Forward Medical Innovation
- Grant Review & Analysis
- Institutional Review Boards (IRBMED)
- MiChart Research
- Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (MICHR)
- Research Development
- Research Intelligence & Analytics
- Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Create and maintain strategic resources to enhance investigators' competitiveness.
- Streamline research processes to increase research team satisfaction.
- Build and refine coordinated infrastructure to support high-quality research.
- Accelerate and enhance research through external partnerships to impact health.
- Engage the research community by improving cross communication.
- The Medical School Office of Research is also leading the implementation of the multi-million dollar Strategic Research Initiative, where our entire research enterprise is working to “fast forward” to tomorrow's cures.
Across the spectrum, our team's primary mission is to support a culture of innovation and efficiency that serves the Medical School research community and, ultimately, contributes to positive patient impact.
At the U-M Medical School Office of Research, we focus on researchers, so they can focus on great science.
Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D.
Executive Vice Dean for Research, Medical School
Chief Scientific Officer, Michigan Medicine
Endowed Professor of Pathology Research