2800 Plymouth Road
Building 520, Room 3214
Ann Arbor , MI 48109-2800
Phone: (734) 763-4768
FAX (734) 763-1234
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IRBMED Calendar
- Staff Contacts
- University of Michigan Federal Wide Assurance
- University of Michigan Registration with FDA and OHRP
- Nominations for Service on IRBMED
If you have an emergency related to human subject research and you need to reach the IRBMED, please call our office during business hours or, after hours, the UM operator at (734) 936-4000 and ask them to page the designated Chair on-call.
Examples of emergency situations include (but are not limited to):
- Serious, research-related unanticipated problem that requires immediate IRB attention
- “Emergency use” (i.e., treatment) of a patient with an agent unapproved by the FDA when that treatment must commence within 24 hours
- Enrollment of a ward of the state on a study approved under 45 CFR 46.406 or 407.
- Enrollment of a patient who is also a prisoner onto a research trial (when the study has not been previously approved under the prisoner regulations and certified with OHRP). See “Subject Incarceration” guidance for more information.
- Health and well-being reasons to continue a research intervention on a subject who becomes incarcerated (when the study has not been previously approved under the prisoner regulations and certified with OHRP). See “Subject Incarceration” guidance for more information.
If you are interested in joining IRBMED, please mail your CV or resume with a letter of interest stating your reasons for volunteering to IRBMED Director, c/o IRBMED Board Secretary David Andrews. IRBMED is currently in need of 'Community Members who are Non-Affiliated'. To be eligible for participation on the IRBMED as a community representative, neither the member nor any member of his/her immediate family may otherwise have a direct affiliation (i.e., as an employee, contractor, student in a degree program, or active emeritus faculty member) with the University. Immediate family includes spouse, parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers, sisters, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, adopted, half, and step members.
Page created 8/27/2013