Welcome to University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core
The University of Michigan DNA Sequencing Core, part of the Biomedical Research Core Facilities within the Office of Research, provides high-quality, low-cost DNA analysis for research clients on a recharge basis. The Core occupies approximately 10,000 square feet of laboratory space in the North Campus Research Complex, with 26 highly trained individuals on staff to help you. We operate a wide variety of instruments that perform DNA sequencing, genotyping, gene expression analysis, DNA quantification and quality control. These include:
DNA Sequencing Core Director Bob Lyons, Ph.D.
- AB Model 3730XL DNA Analyzers (3)
- AB Model 7900HT RT-PCR Systems (2)
- AB StepOne Plus RT-PCR Systems (2)
- AB QuantStudio 12K Flex System
- BioTrove OpenArray NT Cycler
- Affymetrix GeneAtlas scanner
- Affymetrix GeneTitan scanner
- Affymetrix GeneChip scanners (2)
- Illumina iScan system with Autoloader 2X
- Illumina HiSeq 2000 (6)
- Illumina HiSeq 2500 (3)
- Illumina cBOT cluster generation robot (4)
- Roche 454FLX Genome Sequencer
- Pacific Biosciences ‘RS’ DNA sequencer
- Qiagen PyroMark Q96 MD
- Life Technologies Ion Torrent PGM
- Sequenom MassARRAY Compact system
- Hydroshear DNA fragmentation system (2)
- Covaris DNA fragmentation system (2)
- Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100 (2)
- Agilent TapeStation
- Molecular Dynamics 96-well Fluorimeter
- Nanodrop spectrophotometer (2)
- Nanodrop 1-channel fluorimeter
- Qbit fluorimetric system
- Coulter Z1 Particle Counter
- EpMotion 5075 robotic workstation (2)
- IntegenX Apollo 324 robotic workstation
- Tecan Freedom EVO robotic workstation
- Beckman Biomek FX robotic workstation
Additionally, our clients can check out overnight several useful software packages from the main Sample Dropoff Site at MSRB II. These packages include Sequencher (from GeneCodes, Inc), GeneMarker (SoftGenetics, Inc) and Mutation Surveyor (SiftGenetics, Inc).
The DNA Sequencing Core is growing and changing virtually on a daily basis, so if you don't see an analysis listed here contact us to inquire. Several new systems have recently arrived, or are arriving soon!
To learn more, download the DNA Sequencing Flyer.
Robert Lyons, Ph.D.
Director, DNA Sequencing Core