The BMRC of the University of Michigan encourages biomedical research and facilitates interdisciplinary research and training across the University. One way this mission is supported is through the BMRC's funding programs. Funds are available to basic science researchers in the Medical School for Bridging Support.
The BMRC also reviews the nominations for the Distinguished Faculty Lectureship Award in Biomedical Research and the Dean's Basic Science Research Award. For details on these awards, visit the webpage describing the U-M Medical School Dean’s Award Program.
The BMRC members represent the Health Sciences Schools and Colleges and the Veterans Administration Medical Center. The BMRC meets to discuss research issues and makes recommendations to the Medical School and University Administration on policies and practices to assist research investigators throughout the University.
- Meredith A. Morgan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Yatrik Shah, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine-Gastroenterology
- Sharlene Day, M.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine-Cardiology and Associate Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Jolanta Grembecka, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pathology
- David Lubman, Ph. D., Maude T. Lane Professor of Surgical Immunology, Professor of Surgery and Professor of Pathology
- Gary Luker, M.D., Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, Professor of Radiology and Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Carey Lumeng, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases and Associate Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Yoichi Osawa, Ph.D., Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Professor of Medicine and Professor of Pharmacology
- Ling Qi, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine-Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND)
- Mark Saper, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry and Associate Research Scientist of Biophysics
- Maureen A. Sartor, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics and Associate Professor of Biostatistics
- Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research; Endowed Professor in Pathology Research
- Lucy Waskell, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Anesthesiology and Director, Veteran's Administration Anesthesiology Research
- Jill Jividen, Ph.D., Assistant Director for Research Development, UMMS Office of Research
- Paula Van Velden, Research Development, UMMS Office of Research