The BMRC of the University of Michigan encourages biomedical research and facilitates interdisciplinary research and training across the University. One way this mission is supported is through the BMRC's funding programs. Funds are available to basic science researchers in the Medical School for Bridging Support.
The BMRC also reviews the nominations for the Distinguished Faculty Lectureship Award in Biomedical Research and the Dean's Basic Science Research Award. For details on these awards, visit the webpage describing the U-M Medical School Dean’s Award Program.
The BMRC members represent the Health Sciences Schools and Colleges and the Veterans Administration Medical Center. The BMRC meets to discuss research issues and makes recommendations to the Medical School and University Administration on policies and practices to assist research investigators throughout the University.
- Carey Lumeng, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases and Associate Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Meredith A. Morgan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Mark L. Day, Ph.D., Professor of Urology, Translational Oncology Program
- Sharlene Day, M.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine-Cardiology and Associate Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- Philip J. Gage, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Jolanta Grembecka, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pathology
- David Lubman, Ph. D., Maude T. Lane Professor of Surgical Immunology, Professor of Surgery and Professor of Pathology
- Yoichi Osawa, Ph.D., Warner-Lambert/Parke-Davis Professor of Medicine and Professor of Pharmacology
- Ling Qi, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine-Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND)
- Maria B. Sandkvist, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
- Maureen A. Sartor, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics
- David L. Turner, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry and Research Associate Professor of Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute
- Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research; Endowed Professor in Pathology Research
- Lucy Waskell, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Anesthesiology and Director, Veteran's Administration Anesthesiology Research
- Jessica Durkin, M.S., Associate Director for Research, UMMS Office of Research
- Jill Jividen, Ph.D., Assistant Director for Research Development, UMMS Office of Research
- Suzana Erickson, Research Development, UMMS Office of Research