While labs have ramped down operations for the time being due to COVID-19, working on grant submissions, progress reports, manuscripts, or financial reviews will be activities you can work through while being hunkered down at home. There are several resources available to support you through the Grant Services & Analysis (GS&A) and UMOR websites.
Lab Personnel and Research Administrators will find relevant FAQs in the "Costs During the COVID-19 Health Crisis" section on the UMOR Research Operations webpage, which addresses topics like:
- U-M's requirements on tracking time, and charging salaries, when no work is performed due to COVID-19
- Getting reimbursed for the costs incurred during the pause on NIH-funded human subjects research
- Whether a grant will a grant pay for project-related costs, such as animal per diem, incurred during a ramp down
Additionally, review the "Proposal Submission and Award Management" section of the UMOR Research Operations webpage. It is being kept constantly up-to-date, with information about topics including:
- Proposal deadline extensions
- How the NIH is responding to the COVID-19 situation
- What happens if the COVID-19 situation slows or halts progress on a project
Need a few tips and more resources to get started? Check out Research Development’s “Proposal Development” section that features a Medical School Grant Proposal Sampler, tips on grant proposal preparation, plus more here. Or maybe what to do for a post-award? The Grants Services team offers a special document library with policies, documents and templates, plus best practices, a quick video series, and more here.
During this time, Grant team members are available by phone and email, individually, and as a unit (firstname.lastname@example.org or click here) so you should continue to experience the service you have come to expect across all our areas. Please watch return emails in the event a specific member of the team is out, and if needed, redirect your inquiry to email@example.com.