Mentoring Program Available for Health Research Professionals
Are you a U-M staff member who works on health-related research studies? Are you interested in professional growth and development?
If so, consider applying to STEP.up, a formal mentorship program for research professionals. STEP.up is currently accepting mentor and mentee applications for their fifth cohort. Each year, a limited number of pairs are accepted to participate in the nine-month program. A major consideration for acceptance is whether an appropriate match can be made between a potential mentor and mentee.
Mentors typically have at least five to eight years of professional experience, a career-long pursuit of professional development for themselves, and a passion for coaching others. Mentees are self-starters and independent learners who envision a research career but are still in the early stages of their journey.
- Nine-month program running from October 2022 – June 2023
- Mentor training session for mentors only
- Program kick-off session for mentors and mentees
- The expected monthly time commitment for mentors and mentees is approximately one hour/month to meet, plus mentee time spent working towards a professional development goal
- End-of-program celebration to acknowledge everyone’s hard work and to network with peers
MENTEE application: Click here
MENTOR application: Click here
Deadline to Apply: June 20, 2022. Applicants will be notified of their application status by the end of September 2022.
For questions about STEP.up or your eligibility to apply, contact Angie Lyden (firstname.lastname@example.org)