The Medical School Senior Associate Dean for Research, by delegated authority of the Dean of the Medical School, has been provisioned funds to support the investment in research core facilities. The Research Capital Investment Committee will prioritize capital requests from core directors, by relevance and need to the Medical School faculty at large.
The Research Capital Investment Committee includes a subset of faculty from the Biomedical Research Core Facility (BRCF) Scientific Advisory Committee in order to provide the sharing of information across both committees. In addition, membership includes multiple faculty members from across the Medical School with a variety of affiliations.
- Benjamin Margolis, M.D., Professor, Internal Medicine; Professor, Biological Chemistry; Associate Chair for Research; Director, Student Biomedical Research Program; Co-Director, Cancer Cell Biology Program
- Marina Pasca di Magliano, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Surgery
- Andrew Lieberman, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director, Neuropathology
- John LiPuma, M.D., Associate Chair and Professor, Pediatrics & Communicable Diseases; Professor, Epidemiology; Associate Chair for Research
- Martin Myers Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Marilyn H Vincent Professor, Diabetes Research; Professor, Internal Medicine; Professor, Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Cassandra Wong, Director, Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Steven Kunkel, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research in the Medical School, Interim Chief Scientific Officer for Michigan Medicine, Endowed Professor of Pathology Research
- Anitha Chennat, Associate Director, Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Teri Grieb, Ph.D., Chief of Staff for the Research Enterprise for Michigan Medicine, Senior Director for Research in the UMMS Office of Research
- Julie Power, Administrative Specialist, Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Carrie Schray, Business Manager, Biomedical Research Core Facilities
- Deborah Lennington, Financial Analyst Lead, Medical School