The BMRC of the University of Michigan encourages biomedical research and facilitates interdisciplinary research and training across the University. One way this mission is supported is through the BMRC's funding programs. Funds are available to basic science researchers in the Medical School for Bridging Support.
The BMRC also reviews the nominations for the Distinguished Faculty Lectureship Award in Biomedical Research and the Dean's Basic Science Research Award. For details on these awards, visit the webpage describing the U-M Medical School Dean’s Award Program.
The BMRC members represent the Health Sciences Schools and Colleges and the Veterans Administration Medical Center. The BMRC meets to discuss research issues and makes recommendations to the Medical School and University Administration on policies and practices to assist research investigators throughout the University.
- Ling Qi, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine-Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND)
- Gary Luker, M.D., Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, Professor of Radiology and Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Justus Anumonwo, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Medicine, Associate Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Maria Castro, Ph.D., R.C. Schneider Collegiate Professor of Neurosurgery, Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, Director of NIH Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Jolanta Grembecka, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pathology
- Lisa Larkin, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Research Associate Professor, Institute of Gerentology, and Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Daniel Lawrence, Ph.D., Frederick GL Huetwell Collegiate Professor of Basic Research in Cardiovascular Medicine, Professor of Internal Medicine-Cardiology, and Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- Jiandie Lin, Ph.D., Bradley M. Patten Collegiate Professor in the Life Sciences, Research Professor at U-M Life Sciences Institute, Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Pedro Lowenstein, M.D., Ph.D., Richard Schneider Collegiate Professor, Professor of Neurosurgery and Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology, Medical School
- David Lubman, Ph.D., Maude T. Lane Professor of Surgical Immunology, Professor of Surgery and Professor of Pathology
- Geoffrey Murphy, Ph.D., Associate Director, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Research Professor, Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- Dipankar Ray, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, Medical School, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences, College of Engineering
- Mark Saper, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, Medical School, Associate Research Scientist of Biophysics, LSA
- Ernestina Schipani, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Orthopedic Surgery, Professor of Internal Medicine/Division of Endocrinology, Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Yatrik Shah, Ph.D., Horace W. Davenport Collegiate Professor of Physiology, Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine, Medical School
- Alan Smrcka, Ph.D., Professor of Pharmacology, Medical School, Professor of Biophysics, LSA
- Peter Todd, M.D., Ph.D., Bucky and Patti Harris Career Development Professor of Neurology and Associate Professor of Neurology
- Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D., Endowed Professor of Pathology Research, Professor of Pathology, Co-Director, Division of General Pathology, Executive Vice Dean of Research and Chief Scientific Officer, Medical School
- Paula Van Velden, Research Development, UMMS Office of Research