The BMRC of the University of Michigan encourages biomedical research and facilitates interdisciplinary research and training across the University. One way this mission is supported is through the BMRC's funding programs. Funds are available to basic science researchers in the Medical School for Bridging Support.
The BMRC also reviews the nominations for the Distinguished Faculty Lectureship Award in Biomedical Research and the Dean's Basic Science Research Award. For details on these awards, visit the webpage describing the U-M Medical School Dean’s Award Program.
The BMRC members represent the Health Sciences Schools and Colleges and the Veterans Administration Medical Center. The BMRC meets to discuss research issues and makes recommendations to the Medical School and University Administration on policies and practices to assist research investigators throughout the University.
- Yatrik Shah, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine-Gastroenterology
- Ling Qi, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology and Professor of Internal Medicine-Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND)
- Yali Dou, Ph.D., Professor of Pathology and Professor of Biological Chemistry
- Jolanta Grembecka, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pathology
- Lisa Larkin, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Research Associate Professor, Institute of Gerentology, and Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Daniel Lawrence, Ph.D., Frederick GL Huetwell Collegiate Professor of Basic Research in Cardiovascular Medicine, Professor of Internal Medicine-Cardiology, and Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- David Lubman, Ph.D., Maude T. Lane Professor of Surgical Immunology, Professor of Surgery and Professor of Pathology
- Gary Luker, M.D., Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, Professor of Radiology and Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Geoffrey Murphy, Ph.D., Associate Director, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Research Professor, Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Professor of Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- Dipankar Ray, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, Medical School, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences, College of Engineering
- Mark Saper, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry, Medical School, Associate Research Scientist of Biophysics, LSA
- Alan Smrcka, Ph.D., Professor of Pharmacology, Medical School, Professor of Biophysics, LSA
- Peter Todd, M.D., Ph.D., Bucky and Patti Harris Career Development Professor of Neurology and Associate Professor of Neurology
- CONSULTANT: Lucy Waskell, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Anesthesiology and Director, Veteran's Administration Anesthesiology Research
- Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Research, Interim Chief Scientific Officer, Endowed Professor of Pathology Research
- Paula Van Velden, Research Development, UMMS Office of Research